Is a blissfully relaxing treatment that combines massage techniques and Yoga movements to leave your body and mind feeling balanced, calm and deeply relaxed.
If you have never experienced the magic of Thai Yoga massage, November is the best time to try it as Live Well’s resident Yoga teacher and resident Thai Yoga massage guru Ramone Bisset is are offering 90 minute treatments for the 60 minute price (Wednesday mornings only).
During a Thai Yoga Massage treatment, Ramone will move you through a sequence of gentle yoga stretches whilst using her hand and body pressure along your meridians and pressure points. This unique combination of movement, stretching and massage really opens up the body and allows for a deep release of tension and stress.
Thai Yoga massage’s development began thousands of years ago in the Buddhist temples of Thailand. It is an ancient form of therapeutic healing that has roots in Indian Ayurvedic medicine. It thrived as a means for spiritual people to share the benefits of meditation and compassion in a physical form. It is a respected form of healing practiced today in hospitals and temples throughout Thailand.
The benefits of this massage are numerous and include:
- Leaves you feeling relaxed, balanced and free of tension
- Detoxes your body and boosts your immune system
- Increases your blood circulation and can lower your blood pressure
- Releases muscle tension and pain
- Increases flexibility in your muscles
- Improves breathing
- Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves energy blockages
- Improves athletic performance
- Helps arthritis and back pain,
- Helps tone the body, strengthen joints
- Slows the aging process
- Improve your outlook towards life;
- Help with concentration and creativity
- Clear and calm your mind
Psychological effects of Thai Massage
- Boosts your mood and your resilience
- Reduces and relieve stress and anxiety
- Builds your confidence
- Boosts your inner vitality
Thai Yoga Massage is performed on a mat on the floor, with both the practitioner and client wearing comfortable clothing that allows ease of movement and flexibility.
Here at Live Well we are lucky enough to have our own Thai Yoga Massage expert, Ramone Bisset. Ramone is an experienced and gifted therapist. She brings with her a wealth of knowledge of the body's movement patterns from years spent teaching outdoor education and participating in adventure sports. Combining this with her understanding of the body's energetics from her work as an experienced Yoga teacher and Reiki practitioner makes Ramone exceptionally aware of, and in-tune with, the human body.