If you're yet to pamper yourself with a Ka Huna massage, then you're missing out! Ka Huna bodywork originated in the South Pacific and was used during Rites of Passage as a transformational massage and healing system. It is also known as Hawaiian Temple Style Massage and Lomi Lomi.
This beautiful form of bodywork provides a holistic approach to healing by balancing the body-mind in its physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions.
Ka Huna bodywork is unique in a number of respects. I use my hands, forearms and elbows, and move around the table (using flowing Hula and Tai Chi style movements). I work with energy to apply soft and deep tissue massage. Music is played and I attune the flow of the massage to harmonise the various rhythms within the your body, mind and soul. If you have some music that you would like to listen to, please feel to bring it in on your phone!
Every time you have a Ka Huna you will experience something different. Sometimes it's physical healing and relaxation, sometimes you unlock stuck emotions such as crying, laughing or smiling. Another time you might see colours, experience energy shifts, release past memories, connect to your soul more or receive spiritual healing.
Ka Huna body work:
- Instills a calming sense of peace and deep relaxation;
- Releases deep-seated neuromuscular tension and allows energy to flow more freely;
- Treats the lymphatic, immune, circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems to promote improved health and fitness;
- Physically re-energising and rejuvenating;
- Improves flexibility;
- Helps to release fear, anger, grief and guilt as well as negative beliefs, self-criticism and traumatic memories;
- Brings clarity and confidence, joy, open heartedness and trust;
- Offers opportunity for self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-love;
- Generates an over-all sense of well-being, vitality and empowerment;
- Healing of injuries faster and more completely;
- More love in life;
- More happiness;
- More balance; and
- More peace.
Sounds good, right? For those who come to me for Kinesiology, this is a wonderful addition to the work we are doing together as it really helps shift things. There's an element of breath work involved and I tie in some aspects of Kinesiology – it's very unique. Call the Live Well Spa & Wellness Centre on (02) 6295 0400 to book in or treat someone you care about with a gift voucher.