This smoothie makes a delicious liquid snack and provides essential nutrients that support fertility. It's packed with protein and containing beneficial omega 3 fats and minerals and its easy to prepare.
Simply blend and serve:
- 1 teaspoon honey (1 teaspoon is approx. 5g)
- 1 teaspoon lecithin powder
- 1 teaspoon LSA powder (blend of linseed (flaxseed), sunflower seed and almonds in a finely ground powder)
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ (oil or powder)
- 1 teaspoon acidophilus cultured yoghurt
- 1 raw egg (medium sized organic, max 3 per week)
- ½ medium sized banana (alternatively 1/2 cup of strawberries, blueberries or mango pieces can be used)
- 250 ml milk
Nuts, seeds and pulses contain plant chemicals called phytosterols, which are known to promote testosterone production. Nuts also contain magnesium, which balances levels of the hormone prolactin, which can compete with testosterone.
Almonds are regarded as one of the most nutrient rich nuts, high in nutrients known to be beneficial to reproductive health including zinc and L-arginine. Linseeds are a good source of omega 3 oils and sunflower seeds are also considered to be one of the most nutrient rich seeds.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time